Monday, March 6, 2017

The Business Model Behind The #AskGaryVee Show



It shocks me that so many people still fundamentally misunderstand YouTube. They look at my show, and they ask me things like “wait why aren’t you monetizing? Where’s the ROI? WHATS YOUR BUSINESS MODEL!?!?”
exposure = leverage

The business model behind The #AskGaryVee Show is pretty simple. It’s a 100% broad awareness game. I just want more exposure. Why? Because exposure is leverage, my friends.

I use The #AskGaryVee Show to show that I’ve got chops. The more people who know that I’m not just charisma, hyperbole, bullshit, and hype; the more people who know that I actually have depth the better off my brand is. It’s incredibly important. Look, I know that my personality might initially cause some people to think I have zero depth, so anything that puts me in a position to show off what I know and educate those people to the contrary is going to be massively, massively valuable to me.

So what does that leverage get me? A LOT. Let’s just take a look at the short term results:
  • I get paid more for public speaking
  • I sell more books
  • I get asked to do more TV spots
  • I end up on stuff like 40 Under 40 lists
  • I get more employees coming into VaynerMedia
  • I get more users coming to WineDeals
  • I get to scale my POV more efficiently to my existing employees (shoutout to the VM lurkers!)
  • My mom gets to see me every day (she’ll watch an episode twice if AJ is in it)

So as you can see there is ENORMOUS ROI in putting out content. Just because I’m not slapping pre-roll ads on The #AskGaryVee Show doesn’t mean there is no business model. It just means that I do my business differently, and it’s an even more dramatic example of the fact that everybody should be putting out content. Putting out content is ALWAYS a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment